Do you love knitting and yarn? Do you have some spare time?
We are searching for special people to join our unique team of volunteers.
- Once Upon a Sheep Yarn Shop is managed and operated by The Shepherd’s Heart Society and a group of dedicated volunteers
- 100% of the proceeds from the sales of the shop go to support local programs of The Salvation Army Ridge Meadows Ministries
- We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to working in our shop for 3-hour shifts, once a week or once every 2 weeks
- We will provide full training to qualified candidates
If you have a passion for knitting and would like to share your experience with our customers, or become inspired by their creativity, please print and complete the Application Form (link below).
We ask that you bring the completed Application Form to the shop during our business hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm. This visit to our shop will give you the opportunity to talk with one of our current volunteers and to have a look around.
Hope to see you soon!!!
Volunteer Application Form
Once Upon a Sheep will be CLOSED on Saturday, October 7th for Thanksgiving Weekend. We will re-open on Tuesday, October 10th at 10:00 am.
Our Fall yarns are arriving! We have lots of new yarns and new colours of all your favourties.
Come in to see the beautiful yarns and colours and we invite you to experience the exciting new textures.
We are back to our regular hours effective September 5th.
Tuesday through Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
Sundays and Mondays
All Canadian Statutory Holidays
Evening Drop-In (all year):
Everyone welcome – Tuesday from 7 pm to 9 pm
Reduced Summer Hours
Tuesday, July 4th to Saturday, September 2nd
Tuesday through Friday 10 am to 2 pm
Saturday 10 am to 3 pm
Only 3 more days to take advantage of these “while quantities last” prices!
- 10% off the “Summer” yarns listed below; plus
- an additional 10% discount for shoppers who hold a current Once Upon A Sheep Passionknitter Discount Card, or a valid West Coast Knitters’ Guild Membership Card
Modern Cotton DK
Ultra Pima Fine
Luxury Pure Organic
Nova Plus Cotton Cool
Knit and Crochet Cotton DK
The Shepard’s Heart Society and Once Upon a Sheep yarn shop just made a $4,500 donation to the Sonia’s Cradle program at The Salvation Army Ridge Meadows Ministries.
A sincere and heartfelt “Thank You” to all our volunteers for making this possible.
Sonia’s Cradle provides Child/Infant basic necessities: Supplying 0-14 year old children with clothes, diapers, formula and furniture.